The MGO or UMF grade listed on any Manuka honey product indicates its antibiotic concentration. The higher the concentration of MGO or UMF, the stronger the antibiotic effect.
Conversion table and consumption recommendation MGO factor -> UMF factor
- MGO 100+ equivalent UMF 6+: daily maintenance level, recommended factor for strengthening the immune system, mild sore throat
- MGO 250+ equivalent UMF 10+ : medium level of antibacterial power
- MGO 400+ is equivalent to UMF 13+: optimal (recommended) level of antibacterial power
- MGO 550+ is equivalent to UMF 16+: strong level of antibacterial power
Attention: We recommend that you use the factor that suits your needs. Using an MGO or UMF factor that is too strong when it is not necessary can in some cases lead to side effects.
The benefits and properties of Manuka Honey
Natural antioxidant – Manuka honey has the highest amount of antioxidant
Natural antibacterial – acts against a large group of pathogens with mild or strong resistance to antibiotics
Supports the immune system – acts quickly on sore throats, flu and cold conditions, sinusitis, asthma, asthenia, bronchitis, improves sleep quality, eye health, forms a protection for the internal mucous membrane of the throat generating a calming effect
Digestive system – heartburn, acidity and gastric reflux, gastrointestinal disorders, indigestion
Cosmetic treatment: wrinkles, acne, blackheads, hair loss, dry hair, dandruff.
External care: eczema, dermatitis, psoriasis, lesions, scars, periodontal diseases, gingivitis, aging effect, skin ulcers, folliculitis from hair removal or shaving, insect bites, herpes
Ingredients: monofloral Manuka honey
Nutritional values for 100g: Energy: 1400kJ/335kcal, fat: 0g of which saturated: 0g, carbohydrates: 82.1g, protein 0g, salt 0.03g
It is important to remember that Manuka Honey is completely natural, unprocessed, without any additives, as a result there may be variations in taste and color from one batch to another.
Mode of use and administration:
- Internal use: 3-4 teaspoons a day, one 20-30 minutes before meals and drinking any kind of liquid
- External use: directly on the skin or on a compress applied to the skin
- Cosmetic use: Manuka honey is used as an ingredient for various masks used for the face, hair, body, etc
Storage method: Store away from sunlight at a temperature below 25 degrees.